Friday 2 December 2011

PLUS MODEL


‘My body size motivates me
-Fidelia KRIMI
 After my brilliant interview with Franka (on our cover story) I was curious to meet Fidelia, her elder sister (who by the way could pass for her twin sister). Fidelia who is an ex-plus size beauty queen, remains a plus size advocate and in her words, 'My body size motivates me', she had a lot to inspire fellow big sisters out there. Enjoy the excepts of the interview brought to you by yours truly again Elsie-Coco Utong.


 
profile:
Name: Fidelia Krimi    
 Location:    Abuja, Nigeria
Relationship status: In a relationship                                  
Height:  6ft  
Weight:  100kg       
Size:     22       


Have you always been on the big side as a child?

FIDELIA:No, but there were strong 50-50 tendencies of me being big.

How?
 
FIDELIA: My father is tall and big and so is my mum, so, I had tendencies because it runs in the family.

So at what age did you start  putting on weight?

FIDELIA:When I was about fifteen or sixteen years old.

Has your weight ever depressed you in anyway?
 
FIDELIA:Ironically, it has been motivating me.
I can do anything I want to do and there is nothing a slim woman can do that I can’t do.
I swim, I dance.


When it comes to fashion, what do you feel comfortable wearing most?
 
FIDELIA:I wear what makes me feel good
especially, casuals
but I feel sexy in dresses.
The mistake plus sized ladies do is
wearing what this slim ladies wear
and in the process the look horrible.
If we are plus sized, then we should dress our look.

Winning Miss Big Taraba State why did you enter for the competition?  

FIDELIA:I was in Ibadan when someone called me up for the Miss Big Bold and Beautiful Nigeria, 2010.
I went in, made it through the finalist but unfortunately wasn’t crown the queen.
Then, after a long while, my sister called me up from Adamawa told me about the Miss Bold and Beautiful Taraba. And I was cool with it, even though I didn’t buy the form with my money, I gave it a try and I won.

Having participated in two plus size beauty pageants, did you feel more confident of yourself most especially, seeing people bigger than you in size?

FIDELIA:I have confidence even if, it is with a size 12. I’m not easily intimidated.

What was the whole experience like?
  
FIDELIA:I had fun. I’m from Taraba and it was more like a vacation trip since I had not traveled home for a long time. I had little trips and treat. I had a sponsored trip to the U.K as well, it wasn't a big affair though, but i hope they work on something better.
 
 
As a single plus size sister, who is your ideal man?
 
FIDELIA:I like men with height or possibility taller than me. I don’t really like short men but if he’s smart and intelligent, then no problem. He must love me more than myself.

As regards to relationship with the opposite sex, has s your weight ever been an issue?

FIDELIA:He must have seen me before  coming to me. If he wanted  a slim lady, then he should have gone  for Naomi Campbell. I am not asking him to carry me.

What are your hobbies?

FIDELIA:I enjoy dancing , swimming and also interacting, taking. I sing little too.
  
What is your final word to some big sisters out there who have a low self esteem?

FIDELIA:The real African woman is not slim. It’s a stigma that people attach to the plus sized that makes them feel uneasy.
You  are beautiful and lucky  to come as a full option.
Fat is not an ailment, but when  you are not exercising, then there  is a problem. Don’t forget to move around to stay healthy, do what you enjoy doing very well and have fun
 Be yourself. You may have one thing God has deposited in you that will bring a change to this great nation,
So rock and roll big sis,
flaunt it, because at the end of the day its all about you.
Big is beautiful.
Big is African.
Big is actually Nigerian. 

PHOTO COURTESY: FIDELIA

No comments:

Post a Comment