Tuesday 15 November 2011

INTERVIEW WITH SHELLY OGBISE, 2011 WINNER OF MISS BIG WORLD

MY PERSONALITY & BOLDNESS MADE ME WIN THE 2011 MISS BIG WORLD -SHELLY OGBISE
 
BIG SISTER: Congratulations! Can you tell us about yourself?

SHELLY: Thank you. My name is Shelly Ogbise, I am a graphic designer and i work as a marketing manager to a hotel in Abuja. I studied Industrial Labor at a diploma level at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State. Then I studied Computer Science in Nasarawa State Polytechnic and presently I'm a 300 level English student in Abuja University.

BIG SISTER:How did you get to hear about the competition?

SHELLY: Actually, this is my third time coming in for the competition. My first time was in 2009. I had gone to get something in Grandsquare when one of the organizers approached me and asked if would love to take part in a plus size beauty competition.

BIG SISTER:What gave you the confidence to go in?

SHELLY:My confidence was just my personality and my boldness because, I believed that was what the organizers were looking for.

BIG SISTER: Did you think you would win the crown?

SHELLY:Not really, but I just had the believe that I would. In 2009,I emerged the queen for the South-south with Christable Ike winning the over all crown. I entered again for the competition in 2010 with the desperation of  taking home the crown but I ended up emerging as the first runner up to Jenifer Okolie.

BIG SISTER: Would you say that that was what gave you the drive to enter for the 2011 edition and were you not bothered that people might get bored of seeing your face?
SHELLY: To be honest, I was a little bit worried.And as for the 2011 edition, I had no intentions for coming in again per-say. I actually came to see Dr. Olubunmi Wilson, the CEO of MBW in her office with the immediate past queen, and when we were about leaving, i asked if i could contest again and she said i could. She was amazed at my driving spirit. I even entered the camp late because I didn't plan re-contesting, but at the end of the day, it was worth it.                                   
 
        Shelly in MBW camp
BIG SISTER:Can you recount your daily routine and what was your experience at the MBW camp?

SHELLY: When we wake up in the morning, we say our prayers, go for our aerobic, do some clean up, have our breakfast. Then we get set for our dance and cat walk class. We also had classes on speech and diction. MBW camp was fun. I met different people and blended with them even when we had issues

BIG SISTER:What did you hate most about the camp?

SHELLY: When the girls argued.

BIG SISTER:What did you like most?

SHELLY: The dance and cat walk sessions as well as our seminar sessions.

BIG SISTER: Who were your close friends in camp and why?

SHELLY: Linda and Linda and Aisha,reasons being that they were simple, down to earth and never criticized people.

BIG SISTER:How did you feel when you were announced the winner?

SHELLY: I was confused, i wasn't expecting it, not because I didn't deserve it. I was just tensed on stage, i was sweating and I didn't know what to do. It was one memorable moment in my life.

BIG SISTER:Would you say your previous experiences help you win the crown? 
SHELLY: Most definitely.

BIG SISTER:Are your parents cool with it?
SHELLY: Sure. My mother was jumping all over the place shouting 'thank you Jesus'  that day with bare feet when i was announced the winner.

BIG SISTER:How do people react to you after the winning the MBW crown?

SHELLY:Trust me,the attention has sky rocked. Like two days after I won, a friend who wasn't talking to me for over two years called after she watched the pageant on NTA, she called and asked if i went for any competition, i said yes, there after she started telling me she was missing me. My BB never stops pinging.

BIG SISTER:What kind of platform are you going to set  with this crown?

SHELLY:I intend working with LIFI foundation Inc, a pet project of Miss Big World during my reign so even after my reign, I will still want to wok with LIFI foundation. I would want to go to my state, Bayelsa to organize Miss Big pageant and other states too. I intend having a foundation for the big girls that will work on their self esteem and appearance. I also intend having a boutique for the plus size women.


SHELLY'S PROFILE:
S.O.O.-Bayelsa
AGE- 25
STATISTICS-46,43,54
HOBBIES-Dancing, singing and swimming

READ UP THE FULL VERSION OF THIS INTERVIEW IN THE COMING EDITION OF BIG SISTER MAGAZINE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment