Tuesday 15 November 2011

INTERVIEW WITH SOME 2011 MISS BIG WORLD CONTESTANTS

They came, they saw and they conquered even though they didn't go home with the ultimate crown, they admit that their experience at the MBW was a life changing platform. Shortly after the pageant, BIG SISTER Magazine engaged some of the contestants in an interesting interview. Excerpts:

           Rosabelle

FULL NAME: Iyafokhai Rosabelle

BIG SISTER: What was your position?

ROSABELLE: 1st runner up

BIG SISTER: What prompted you to get into the MBW?

ROSABELLE: I saw it as an opportunity to show case myself as a plus size woman and this was the first of it's kind.Besides, i'm big, bold and beautiful and above all very intelligent.

BIG SISTER: What was your experience like in the MBW camp?

ROSABELLE: It was fun, i met some new girls with the same vision. I also learnt a lot about the importance of having a good self esteem as a plus size lady. Dr Olubunmi Wilson the CEO of MBW was really kind to us all and i'm glad i was part of it.

BIG SISTER:How did you feel when you were announced the 1st runner up?

ROSABELLE: I always knew i was a success, so when i was announced, i just said to myself i knew i could do it. I though of my family and friends and i knew they would be proud of me, so i felt great and i'm still feeling good.

BIG SISTER:As a plus size queen now, what are your plans?

ROSABELLE: I have loads of plans, firstly, I'm going to carry every other contestants of the 2011 MBW along because,I really do not want to do it alone.  During this one year, I'm going to help people via good health sector and I am going all round with the awareness campaign cancer and also visit the orphanages as often as i can with the assistance of SKIESVISION, the organizers of the Miss Big World pageant.

BIG SISTER:What do you have to say to the organizers of MBW?

ROSABELLE: I'm grateful for everything i have learnt. I love Dr. Olubunmi like my own mother and i pray i don't disappoint her.

BIG SISTER: Future ambition?

ROSABELLE: Famous actress, loving mother to my kids and a loving wife to my future husband.



           On on her traditional attire

       Rosabelle backstage after the show


ROSABELLE'S FACT FILE
AGE: 22
WEIGHT: 80kg
STATISTICS: 39-38-38
STATE: Anambra
OCCUPATION: On National Youth Service 
FAVORITE FOOD: Beans
FAVORITE DRINK: Water
ROLE MODEL:Omotola Jalade/Angelina Jolie
HOBBIES: Singing, cooking, reading novel, writing poetry.


               ANITA
 
                 

FULLNAME: Ugochukwu Anita Chibugo

BIG SISTER: What was your position?

ANITA: 2nd runner up

BIG SISTER: How did you hear about the competition?

ANITA: I heard about the competition through the internet.

BIG SISTER: What was your experience like in camp?

ANITA: My experience was awesome,meeting new friends and learning new things like cat walking, dancing and being more informed about current affairs within and across the country.

BIG SISTER: What were you doing before the MBW?

ANITA: Before the MBW, I was into business, I'm also a student of Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri studying Mathematics and Statistics.

BIG SISTER: How did you feel winning the 2nd runner up?

ANITA: Winning the 2nd runner up made me feel good and i pray to achieve my dreams even as a 2nd runner up.

BIG SISTER: What are your plans now as a plus size queen?

ANITA: As a plus size queen, my plans is to help the nobodies, aged parents to impact my world positively, as a plus size woman,i want to show other plus size that are still hiding under their shell that there is more to life than what they feel.

BIG SISTER: Your advice to some big sisters with a low self esteem?

ANITA: I would love to advice them to always be themselves and stop hiding under their shell because they have a lot to build.I want them to know that the extra they have is for something extra.

BIG SISTER: Your future ambition?

ANITA: To be crown Miss Big Queen and put smiles on the faces of people also encouraging the low self esteem plus sized. I would love to be a caring, loving wife and mother. 

ANITA'S FACT FILE
AGE: 23
STATISTICS: 51-55-58
FAVORITE FOOD: Jealouf rice with vegetable
FAVORITE DRINK: Juice
ROLE MODEL:My mum for accepting me for who I am and what she thinks i will be.
HOBBIES: Dancing, playing volley ball..


                TEJIRI

   
FULL NAME::Tejiri Benedicta Bolokor

BIG SISTER: What prompted you to go into the MBW?

TEJIRI: I knew i was big, beautiful and intelligent, and when a friend told me about it, i thought i should give it a try.

BIG SISTER: Where you discouraged from going in for the competition?

TEJIRI:Yes i was discouraged at first. A lot of people said i wasn't so big but my family and friends really encourage me and they stood by me.

BIG SISTER: What was your memorable part of your camp days?

TEJIRI:: The most memorable part of my MBW camp days was when i was made the head of the house. It was nice taking responsibility of everything that my house mates wanted.

BIG SISTER: You didn't win, dhow did that make you feel?

TEJIRI:: I was not surprised because i was not so tall but i was very happy when they winners were announced because i knew they deserved it.

BIG SISTER: Do you regret going in for the MBW 2011?

TEJIRI:: I don't regret coming for MBW because i have learnt a lot of things. The experience i will never forget and i got more exposed, i had great fun.

BIG SISTER: What are your plans now that MBW is over?

TEJIRI:My plans after MBW is to be able to touch the lives of the big girls positively.
  
BIG SISTER: What do you advice plus size sisters with a low self esteem?

TEJIRI:They should come out of their shell and learn to appreciate themselves.                          
 
        Chilling by the pool side in camp

        cheering up the 1st runner up

TEJIRI'S FACT FILE
AGE: 22
WEIGHT: 79kg
STATISTICS: 43-37-46
STATE:Delta
OCCUPATION: On National Youth Service 
FAVORITE FOOD: Yam and egg sauce
FAVORITE DRINK: Chi exotic juice 
ROLE MODEL:Oprah Winfrey
HOBBIES: Making new friends.


                         SARA
  
 
FULL NAME: Sara Chukwu Chiamaka

BIG SISTER: Why did you to go into the MBW?

SARA: I entered for MBW competition because i really didn't like the way i was but the MBW made me  know that i am not just big, but with something extra. 

BIG SISTER: What was your experience like with other contestants in camp?

SARA: We were camped for 6days, it was very challenging but i tried to mix up with everyone.Since we all came from different backgrounds, we had a lot of difference when i got to know everyone, it was fun.                     
BIG SISTER: You didn't win, did that make you feel less beautiful? 


SARA: NOT AT ALL! It just made me know it wasn't meant for me. 

BIG SISTER: If  you  were given another chance to compete for another plus size pageant, would you?

SARA: Certainly,i will

BIG SISTER:.MBW is over, what next for you?

SARA: Actually i'm still in school so i'm thinking of graduating,  going for my national service, working and then to always make sure i let the plus size ladies like me know that they could be big,confident and smart.

BIG SISTER:Advice to the big sisters with a low self esteem?


SARA: I want them to know that even with them being big,they have something to offer that skinny ladies don't have.

BIG SISTER: Your future ambition?

SARA: To graduate for the university, open an organization for the less privilege, most especially the disabled children on the streets, then be a loving and caring wife and mother to my husband, children.
 
Posing with 2nd runner up

SARA'S FACT FILE
AGE: 21
WEIGHT: 85kg
STATISTICS: 39-38-39
STATE:ENUGU
OCCUPATION: Student
FAVORITE FOOD: Rice & plantain
FAVORITE DRINK: Coke 
ROLE MODEL:Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde/Jennifer Garner
HOBBIES: Dancing & singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment