Friday 9 September 2011

DIARY OF A BIG SIS-STAR (PG 19)

                                                           A NIGHT LIKE NO OTHER

Dear Diary,                                        
 As usual I have something to tell you today, by now you should know you are my most trusted friend , the reason I trust you so much to confide in you. While others would laugh at me (including my darling readers) you are far too kind, you never criticize or mock me.                             
 Last night was one night I can’t forget in a hurry, it was a night like no other.                                        
 The atmosphere was electrifying, colors, a kaleidoscope of it all shades gaiety rocked. All the big  wigs in the entertainment industry as far as Accra Ghana was concern all registered their presence.                         
     They all to honor me.                                              
 Honor you?                                          
  I can imagine the looks on the faces of my numerous readers.                      
 Yes me!                                                   
  Reading their minds I know they are curious to know who am I.            
  Well Diary, you know I don’t sing, act or dance.                                        
I was only being given an award for being me-A Fabulous Fuller Bold Sister!                                                      
  I was honored for loving me as I am, Big Bold and Beautiful. It felt so great mingling and rubbing shoulder’s with some of my favorite celebrities. I had to pinch myself time about time to be sure I wasn’t Alice in the Wonderland.  You can imagine meeting people you have been admiring for the first time on a forum like this. I was stripped. I can’t believe I was already slipping into their shoes, signing  autographs for teaming fans, granting interviews with various press units. Oh, they paparazzi, trust them, they were at their best, doing what they knew how to do best. Clicking and flashing and giving me all the attention for the night, I felt like the REAL STAR! I was wearing this big smile that obvious attracted them. I was almost through with my photo sessions when someone emerged from behind and whispered something into my ears;                  
   ‘ I’ve been dreaming about a woman just like you,                                      
  You are just what an African woman should be,                                            
  Pretty! Big! Bold and Beautiful1!’   
I smiled at the breathtaking familiar voice, his masculine perfume didn’t hurt either. I was curious to know who it was.                                       
  Gently, I turned. Oh my ….!         
    I couldn’t believe my eyes. Ghana’s movie heartthrob, every  young girl’s dream man. He stood tall, dark and even more handsome. Now I was convinced that God had me in mind when He created him.                   
   My smiles didn’t cease or was I blushing? God, I hope I am not dreaming? I recall asking myself. He eyes were locked to mine, he was holding my hands and obviously liking the softness of it and how it fitted  plumply into his palms. I was speechless and certainly loving the feeling, at that point in time, I cared less about anyone, this was my moment, I had to grab it and make it last like forever.                            
    ‘You look even more beautiful when you blush,’ he said, smiling at me.       
  ‘Can you let me do something to you Princess?’                                                    
  I was too stunned and enraptured and too carried away to answer him.  ‘Can I kiss your feet?’ I could almost hear his voice dragging like that of a radio cassette who’s battery is weak.   
‘Yes, do whatever you want to do with me, I am all yours.’ I said within me, wearing this dreamy eyes.  As if he read my mind, he got down on his kneels.  This was going to be the climax of the night, a moment every single sister in Accra would love to steal. I watched him  bend and about to kiss my feet. But instead of feeling his soft lips, it was a hard tap on my feet.             
  ‘Wake up, it’s morning! Let’s go jogging.’ Came Nikki, twin sister’s voice. She actually did tap my feet.                                                    
 Now I hate this girl!                         
Did she just spoil my groove by waking me up all in the name of exercise? Was I truly dreaming?      
 I sat up, trying to get myself together, I couldn’t seem to concentrate because I kept seeing was Nikki  flaunting her slimmer body before me. She was moving round the room doing some warm up exercise disturbing my peace and reminding me that I was FAT!. (NEXT GH ISSUE)         
    -Nana

  

No comments:

Post a Comment