Tuesday 9 June 2015

Cover Story



Let’s meet you…
Vera Charles Nsa is my name, formerly Vera Oku. I am half Nigerian and half Liberian. I am in the corporate world, a Sales rep and business woman.

Meeting your better half…
He is someone I have known for a while. At some point, we lost touch but later reestablished contact and here we are today.

Charles your choice…
It was not about those who came earlier, it was about who stayed to prove his genuine love and devotion for me. It was about the right man who did not want to toy around with me emotions. It was about a man whose greatest desire was to make me his wife and mother of all his children. It was about Charles Nsa.

The proposal…
He did what every real man who takes a woman seriously does. He went further to my elder brother Oku Ekpeyong and asked for my hand in marriage. I thought, that was very respectful and that made take his proposal seriously.

The dream wedding…
We wanted to keep it simple. We wanted our family members and friends to be part of. However, we had to follow things through due process. It all started with our registry marriage at Ikoyi Registry, Lagos. As an Efik princess that I am, we had to travel down to my hometown Calabar, Cross River State  for the traditional marriage. The church wedding followed the next morning.

The preparation…
It was very hectic, planning a wedding. We had to involve our family members from both sides. Almost everyone was very helpful. For the wedding reception, my cousin did a fantastic job with the catering. One of my cousin who is a broadcaster ‘Double E’ was our M.C. My cousin and one of my close friends did my hair and makeup dressed me up. I am just grateful to God that we pulled through and and no last minute hitches.

The ‘I-DO’ Moment…
Very emotional! I broke down severally when I was saying my vows. I remember my maid of honour (Elsie-Coco) dabbing tears from my eyes and calming me down. Those were tears of joy. That moment where I let go all the hurt and pain that love ever caused me and finally finding my true love and soul mate.

Wedding memories…
I remember my elder brother Oku, walking me to the altar and handing me over to Charles  formerly. I thought I was the best dancer between my husband and i. I remember my mother joining us on the dance floor. Our M.C. was very hilarious during the cake cutting and my maid of honour Elsie-Coco proposed a moving toast.

Love message to your husband….
I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment: