Monday 3 February 2014

VALENTINE BLUES

                                                                
Dear Sisters,
It's been a while here and i apologize not updating you on what has been going on in my life after my last feature which i tagged; 'Another Lonely Xmas?'.
Well, Xmas and new year fever is over already and here comes another one, VALENTINE'S DAY!
Honestly, life would have been easier without all the valentine hype and i just can't understand all the buzz. They make it look like another Xmas Day or Ramadan around the corner.
In recent day, i have been asked all sorts of questions like; 'What are you doing for Val's Day?' 'Who is taking you out?' 'Who will be your Val?' etc.
What am I suppose to say? I mean I can't remember ever observing Valentine's Day and i don't know the feeling so don't blame me if i say Valentine is no BIG DEAL!
But as February 14th draws close, I'm forced to be reminded of love. It just makes me wonder on so many things...how long it's been since a man expressed his genuine love or admiration for me. I'm not talking about the regular cat calls and silly advances from creeps that have very visible wedding bands on their third finger of the left hand.
But i have made a strong decision  for this year's Val's Day, i shall not allow my long time single statues to prevent me from feeling the valentine blues in the air. No, i wont be left out!
  Luckily, i have been invited for a Val's day evening get together with some old friends. Each of us will contribute with refreshments, music etc. Hopefully, we might even find some single brothers who are willing to mingle.
That's it! Valentine's Day Blues. That i am single doesn't mean i should pity myself. I shall be positive and celebrate Val's Day with the same zeal that people in relationships are. I hope this inspires all the the single and searching sisters out there.
Have a wonderful Val's day

 
Read my weekly features on www.facebook.com/bigsistermagazine..
Zizi
Catch ya!

1 comment:

  1. In order to understand our selves, we must first understand Health Magazine. The constantly changing fashionable take on Health Magazine demonstrates the depth of the subject. Given that its influence pervades our society, it is impossible to overestimate its impact on modern thought. Since it was first compared to antidisestablishmentarianism much has been said concerning Health Magazine by those politically minded individuals living in the past, obviously. Complex though it is I shall now attempt to provide an exhaustive report on Health Magazine and its numerous 'industries'.

    ReplyDelete