Tuesday 3 December 2013

Another Lonely Xmas?-Diary of a Big Sis-Star...musings of a curvy single sis

                                                       ANOTHER LONELY XMAS?

The moment I  flipped the calendar page from November to December 2013, my mood suddenly switched into a sad one. I flung myself on the bed, and staring at the calendar page as though it was a television. I couldn't believe I have spent eleven months already of the year, the better part of the year as most people would say. It is still like magic to me because I can remember when we said happy new year to friends and love ones.
I was still thinking on it when a text message came into my phone, go through my phone, I realized  a friend had sent me a happy new month and compliments of the season message!
What, Xmas already in the air! I shook my head.
So the year is gradually drawing the curtains. Time sure flies and it waits for no one. To most people, year 2013 was really a good year, and to some, not so good. So how would I rate year 2013 on a scale of one to ten? I quickly reached my diary(my best friend) and, went straight to the first page and there I found the resolutions I had written for the year. Funny enough, that was the first time I was checking it after writing them down when the year was fresh.

I smiled at the long list in front of me. Some resolutions I realized I kept, and many I didn't keep and my goals, that was the most interesting part, I didn't achieve any!
None!
There wasn't no change of job, no new business offer, nor even new certifications. What happened to the number one goal I was looking forward to? The one that seem to top the list all the year in year out. My love life! It just chooses to remain on that top spot, same old boring and unfortunate story. I am still waiting for the day some other goals will knock it off  that top spot. Then I will see the effect of my prayers and fasting. For now it seems the Almighty is just refusing to look at my direction and, He seems not to be tired of my plights. Anyways, It isn't about my bitterness with God. It's about the reality that the year is about to end and my status remains unchanged-SINGLE.

I thought, Xmas 2012 was going to be my last one as a single sister. I was thinking that by now, my Prince Charming would come out from his hiding place, show up in my life and sweep me off my feet. Sincerely, I was actually looking forward to Xmas 2013 because I had imagined it to be a different kind, the one i would have spent in my home with "my new family". Xmas decorations, Xmas treats, dinning and wining with in-laws and friends. I was not leaving out the aspect of even carrying my own bundle this season. That would have seem to be the perfect Xmas gift to my boo, a heir.
All hope isn't lost all the same. I believe in miracles and i know there is certainly an Almighty somewhere and He is full of surprises.

Read my weekly features on www.facebook.com/bigsistermagazine..
Zizi
Catch ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment