Saturday 3 August 2013

Living the best of Life

What do you love about your body and what  would you love to change in your body as a BIG SISTER?
Are you that overweight sister who is so tormented by your alarming weight increase that each time you stare at your reflection in the mirror you frown?                                                                                                                            
Being big could be one of the biggest challenges and embarrassing for most people and this could breed a monster. The monster here is SELF HATE; I’m too fat, I hate myself!’
No, thanks to the media contributing a great deal in portraying an overweight woman as unattractive. The general perception of many people is that having a great and happy image is being as skinny as those runway models on glossy magazines and T.V. even when these models look so skinny.

Few days back, we wanted to know how confident some big sisters out there were about their bodies. We throw a question out a question on our facebook fan page. Interestingly, we received a couple of interesting responses from big sisters world over, they shared with us what they loved about their bodies and what they would love to change. Here are their responses:

My boobs and pimple free face-Ezimoha Grace

I see a succession of curves, I would like to change my stomach. I would like to see less of it…no curves in the area.-Omega
Nothing-Ntombi Phillips

My big belle, nothing else.-Kelebogile Mosupi

I see a beautiful me and yes st times I look at my body and think, what if I didn’t have so much of this tummy.-Shahula Marie Francis

 I love every stretch mark because I am a woman and I gave life to the most beautiful girl. There is nothing I would change. I love to women that stare back at me-Joan Helena Daigle.

I see a beautiful and yes at times I look at my body and think hmm what if I didn’t have so much of this tummy…but then I think again and say heck with this is what I got this is what I’m going to love and this is what I’m going to work with. And when you look into that mirror and you learn to love what you got you have no insecurity about your body…like I tell people if you don’t like it don’t look at me. Personally, I wouldn’t  change anything about my body because I learned to love it and embrace it. And dress it to impress the way I look at it that there is going to be so many judgmental people around enough to judge your body so why should we have to judge ourselves because of those judgments people love your baby woman because its beautiful thing and there is plenty of other people who have more serious problems than just being a bigger woman. –Shahila Marie Francais.

My Tummy-Igein Joan

My arms and tummy -Chante Angelique Mccant

My tummy is too much-Abosede Babalola

I love my low glass figure and my breast. Even after four kids, my tummy is not too big. But I would like to tone up my legs. Just need to exercise to achieve that so not impossible. I love my curvy body. -Sharean Edwards

I use to see a shapeless mess who can’t breath, properly now I see a thick and healthy madam who is on a mission for better and healthy body. Let’s all do something about the area we see problematic, change our eat habit and be more active at least walk 30minutes each days. In years to  come we shall rejoice and our health will be excellent .-Ellaine Payne.


Just like Ellaine Payne is advising, we need to do something about the areas we see problematic in our bodies.  This is what nobody will do for you and the highest BSM  will do for you is to motivate and encourage you so, it is more of a personal thing, you deciding to feel good about yourself inside out. This also means, at all times you should learn to take good care of your body, health and try as much as possible to look good, by doing so, you will be surprised at your result. If you neglect your body and act less concern with excuses of having tight schedule or trying hard but no positive results, you will only end up living with that big monster
Here are few tips that will guide you fight the big monster inside you. (Repeated feature)

Start now to have a fresh impression about your total personality today. Go back to that your reflection in the mirror and say to yourself; ‘I am beautifully and wonderfully made!’ And really that is what people will see because big too can be sexy.

Have a positive mindset, thinking right at all times . Never allow some kind of cheap fame run your life, such robs you of self love. Let no one, male or female, acquaintance or stranger make you feel less of yourself.                                             

Put on the right clothes always. Wear what will compliments and brings out the best in you and not what exposes your flaws.

Do some workouts, create an active lifestyle. Never be idle, do some house chores


 Live Life, Love Life and Life will be worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment