Friday 3 February 2012

BIG SISTER (COVER STORY)

I'M BLESSED WITH AN ENVIABLE SHAPE-
RELEBOGILE MABOTJAI, South Africa's screen BIG SISTER .

We stopped by South Africa to bring to you our cover story with RELEBOGILE MABOTJA, a South African screen BIG SISTER. Relebogile is a sister of many parts, she is a performing artist, actress, presenter, writer and producer. With such an impressive resume, she was humble enough to allow BIG SISTER into her world of fame in an interesting interview that I engaged in her lately. Enjoy the excerpts:


   BIG SISTER:  For the benefit of non South Africans who do not know you, who is Relebogile?

Relebogile: An actress, an artist, a creative, a presenter, a singer and a lover of the arts.

BIG SISTER:  Tell us about your family and educational background? Relationship status. 

 Relebogile: I have 2 brothers and have studied Law, business management and entertainment law. Relationship status is open for others  to interpret.
 
Relobogile on the runway for a fashion show

BIG SISTER: Have you always known you would be in the entertainment industry? 

Relebogile:Somehow deep in my heart I knew this was my calling. I didn’t realise it would happen so soon.

BIG SISTER: Fondest childhood memory? 

Relebogile:Feeding animals on my grandmothers farm.

 BIG SISTER:How did you get to be noticed in music, acting and presenting?  

Relebogile:I was blessed to go to a school where we were forced to be involved in all cultural activities. Because of this, I found myself right at home.

BIG SISTER: Which are your major works so far?  

Relebogile:Being apart of the biggest SA Soap operas and drama series.

BIG SISTER: You are a sister of many parts, how do you balance that? Which gave you your break through? 

Relebogile:I keep myself grounded by surrounding myself with people I trust have my best interests at heart. God is always my first point if reference and family is at the top of my priority list. The work, money and fame can all disappear but I know I will always have the love I continue to appreciate in my life.

BIG SISTER: Challenges so far? How do you cope with fame? The advantage and disadvantage? 

Relebogile:Privacy can be a bit of an issue at times. Contrary to what some may believe, I can be very shy in public and around people I don’t know. Can be uncomfortable and its something I’ll never get used. The great thing is having a platform. I am able to say something and have people listen. I can bring a voice to great causes and things like that make all the ‘disadvantages’ worth it.
BIG SISTER: Are you familiar with the Nigerian entertainment? If YES. Who is your favourite Nigerian celebrity? 

Relebogile:Funny enough, I have produced music videos for the amazing Naeto C, Sauce Kid and Sasha. So, for girl power, I say Sasha is number 1!

BIG SISTER: How you relate with your male fans and admirers? 

Relebogile:I am always polite and respectful and appreciate the attention and support I receive.

BIG SISTER: Has your body size ever given you a low self esteem? 

Relebogile:Yes. Even when I weighed my least I felt insecure. It’s a daily battle as a woman that we go through but through it all, I never let it keep me back or hold me down.

BIG SISTER: Your advice to some big sisters with low self esteem? 

Relebogile:Fake it till you make it. No woman is ever 100% happy with herself and her body. God has blessed you with it and it has taken you places. Be grateful for that and the rest seems miniscule.

BIG SISTER: What do you treasure most about your curves? 

Relebogile:I enjoy feeling feminine. Many women envy the fact that I have an hourglass shape, with a bust and a booty. Not everyone is blessed to have that.
BIG SISTER:. Valentine is in the air, what is your idea of a perfect valentine day?     

 Relebogile:  Honestly, I have no idea. I have never experienced a perfect Valentine’s Day, but what I can say is that I must be surrounded by the people I know for sure love me for me always.


BIG SISTER:Can  you recall the last valentine’s gift someone gave you?      

Relebogile:I once got a red rose.
  
BIG SISTER QUIZ
Your full names? Relebogile M…will never tell what that stands for
Birth date? 1985 – 09 - 05
Height? 160cm
Weight? I will never tell
Favorite food? Dumpling and mala mogodu
Favorite drink? Peach ice tea
I feel comfortable wearing? pyjamas
My favorite love song?     
Anita Baker – Sweet Love

My favorite romantic movie?    Love Actually
2 African countries I would love to visit? Nigeria and Egypt
Describe S/A in a sentence? South Africa is a country bursting with potential for things greater than all our imaginations and expectations.
Dumpling

                                                     mala mogodu
Favorite movie

Favorite Drink

South Africa

 
                Favorite song

No comments:

Post a Comment